Wild Common Cuishe Mezcal Artesanal 750mL
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
Wild Common Cuishe Mezcal Artesanal is a testament to the García family's dedication to the art of mezcal production. Crafted by Maestro Mezcalero Gregorio García and his son Luis, this artisanal mezcal hails from the high desert of San Luis Amatlán, Oaxaca, a region known for its unique flora and distinct terroir. The choice of cuishe agave for this mezcal showcases the García family's commitment to highlighting the diverse agave species of Oaxaca and their ability to express the rich, natural flavors of their land.
This additive-free artisanal mezcal is a reflection of the terroir of their family property, with each sip revealing the bright vegetal and fruit flavors characteristic of the cuishe agave. The meticulous production process, from harvesting to distillation, ensures that the essence of the agave and the land is preserved and celebrated in every bottle.
- Aroma: The mezcal opens with green, vibrant aromas that immediately transport you to the high desert landscape of Oaxaca. Notes of celery, cilantro, and green apples emerge, grounded by a distinct minerality.
- Taste: On the palate, Wild Common Cuishe Mezcal Artesanal is fresh and clean, with the vegetal and fruity notes continuing to dominate. The green flavors are vivid and pronounced, offering a taste experience that is both refreshing and complex.
- Finish: The finish is outstanding, leaving a vibrant and lasting impression that invites another sip.
- Roasting: The agave is roasted in a traditional earthen pit, which imparts a subtle smokiness to the mezcal, enhancing its depth and complexity.
- Extraction: A traditional stone tahona is used to crush the roasted agave, ensuring that the full spectrum of flavors is extracted from the plant fibers.
- Fermentation: Fermentation occurs naturally in open-air pine vats, allowing the local environment to influence the flavor profile, adding layers of complexity to the mezcal.
- Distillation: The mezcal is distilled twice in small copper pot stills, a process that refines its flavors and ensures its purity and clarity.