Wild Common Ensamble Mezcal Artesanal 750mL
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
Wild Common Ensamble Mezcal Artesanal is an additive-free mezcal that embodies the rich diversity and tradition of Oaxacan mezcal. Maestro Mezcalero Joel Velasco has combined his expertise and passion to select mature espadin and tobala agave plants from his community in San Luis Del Rio, Oaxaca, creating a mezcal that is both a tribute to the land and a masterpiece of distillation.
This ensamble mezcal artfully blends the robust characteristics of espadin agave with the delicate nuances of tobala, producing a mezcal that is approachable yet brimming with complexity. The careful balance of these two agave varieties results in a harmonious expression of terroir and tradition, showcasing the unique qualities of each plant.
- Base of Espadin: The espadin agave provides a clean mouthfeel with vibrant notes of green citrus and fresh herbs, accompanied by a subtle hint of coconut. This foundation sets the stage for a mezcal that is fresh and inviting.
- Influence of Tobala: The addition of tobala agave introduces a warm buttery flavor and floral notes, softening the mezcal's profile with its gentle sweetness and contributing to a smooth, sweet finish.
- Roasting: The agave is roasted in a traditional earthen pit, imparting a smoky depth that is characteristic of artisanal mezcal.
- Extraction: A traditional stone tahona is used to crush the roasted agave, extracting the sweet juices while preserving the natural flavors.
- Fermentation: Fermentation takes place naturally in open-air pine vats, allowing local yeasts to influence the flavor and contributing to the mezcal's complexity.
- Distillation: The mezcal is distilled twice in small stainless steel and copper pot stills, ensuring purity and capturing the essence of both the espadin and tobala agaves.