Wild Common Espadin Mezcal Artesanal 750mL
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
Wild Common Espadin Mezcal Artesanal is a profound expression of the spirit of Sola De Vega, Oaxaca, masterfully crafted by Maestro Mezcalero Isidro Damián. With a lifetime dedicated to the art of mezcal production, Damián has created a rich ancestral mezcal that stands as a testament to tradition, skill, and the unique terroir of the region. This Espadin mezcal is celebrated for its thick, oily mouthfeel and deep, complex flavors that echo the dark, rich soil of its agave's cultivation and the traditional clay pots used in its distillation.
- Texture: The mezcal immediately distinguishes itself with a thick and oily mouthfeel, a quality that promises a rich and immersive tasting experience.
- Flavors: The palate is enveloped by robust flavors of dark chocolate, tobacco, leather, and cacao, each note weaving together to create a tapestry of depth and intensity. These darker tones are beautifully contrasted by the sweet citrus flavors of the espadin agave, showcasing the mezcal's exceptional balance and complexity.
- Finish: The finish is simply exceptional, leaving a lasting impression of the mezcal's rich flavors and ancestral heritage.
- Roasting: The agave is roasted in a traditional earthen pit, imbuing the mezcal with a smoky depth that complements its complex flavor profile.
- Extraction: The cooked agave is hand-crushed using a wooden mallet, a labor-intensive process that ensures the maximum extraction of flavors.
- Fermentation: Fermentation occurs naturally in open-air pine vats, allowing the environment to influence the mezcal's character and add layers of nuance.
- Distillation: The mezcal undergoes two rounds of distillation in small copper pot stills, a method that refines its flavors and enhances its richness.